Sunday, February 15, 2009

Not everyone can be thin, but everyone can be fit.

"Get moving!" I remind myself daily. Working at a computer and sitting for 10 hours a day just isn't what God had in mind when He created our bodies. I have not done His plan justice and it's apparent in my BP levels and heart health (thanks Grandpa! sheesh...) so I keep my Ipod charged and buy quality running shoes (Saucony, my personal fav). Thankfully I live in a hilly location so my personal gym consists of the hills near work and home. When Latanya ran her 1st 1/2 marathon 2 years ago, she did it without music - that's right, no Ipod!?! I couldn't go 10 minutes without music recharging my drive... Paying tribute to the inspiring marathoners, runners or walking heroes in my life - Mum (Nana), Nisi & Anna (SGU Sand Hollow marathon), Fanua (yes, Fanua & I walked Amanaki on the 3 mile Boise walk for health run in 2008), Milika (always running), Latanya (SLC 1/2 marathon 2007), Mele & Tori (always a gym membership on hand), Wayne & Joe (cute sports jocks - rugby, football, wrestling, golf...) and of course Chelsi Dawn Petersen - if you were fortunate enough to know her (and her family), it was instant love. She inspired us all!

1 comment:

Team 'Iloa said...

Dang, scared of your fit family! Now I know we are not related!
You go girl!!!